– “Visitors are informed that in the United Kingdom traffic drives on the left-hand side of the road. In the interest of safety, you are advised to practice this in your country of origin for a week or two before driving in the UK”…. uh? (Road Safety Act 2006)
– Try to break a piece of glass by throwing sand at it….think about it when you try to make a difference in your workplace
– Culture is a simplification, a convenient short hand, it keeps on breaking down as you get closer to the point that you get to the level of individuals.
– If you want to change culture, hold your stated values long enough to change the basic assumptions
– Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser – Lou Gerst (Former CEO, IBM)
– Be aspirational, not only inspirational! Go beyond the incremental!
– Friendship expressed as a Fruit Culture
Peach culture: soft on the outside, willing to share personal information with people you hardly know….but after the soft part is over you reach a hard nut at the center…hard to get thru
Pineapple culture: prickly on the outside, but once in, you go all the way to the core. Once a Friend, always a Friend!