The KS Workshop team (Nancy, Lucie, Petr, Simone) gathered around a teleconference and undertook a AAR of the first workshop phase:
What worked well?
- Objective of phase 1 (DISCOVERY) accomplished
- The overall design
- Have an adjustable agenda that was not planned too much into detail
- The Calls
- The visuals
- The variety of things we offered
- The Toolkit was excellent
- The unfinished toolkit was a good strategy
- The Network Mapping exercise
- Our collaboration
- Nancy’s decision making capability during the planning phase
- The organical evolvement of our respective input in the workshop team
- The diversity of the group
- The geographical spread of the group
- The workshop Content
- The Podcasts
- Great FAO participants engagement
- Those from FARA who engaged really added a component to the workshop
- Lucie trying to connect with French speakers
- Greatly danced between huge amount of material
- Encouraging that people expressed desire to make the moodle site public
- Our adjustments to participants suggestion to combine activities and discussions
What can be improved?
- Have a week 0 for orientation, with an extra call: how to use moodle, how to use calls
- Slow-down in week 3 and 4
- The moodle space: make it easier to navigate. Suppose that participants who were less active had more problems of orientation and navigation.
- Have guests, i.e. for network mapping analyses and discussions
- Spread week one more into week 2.
- Successful, but for all of us extremely high investment of time
- As designers and facilitators, plan our time better. Take notes of the hours spent.
- Have a moodle site map
- Vary the teleconference call designs. Encourage participation in different groups.
Questions to work on / think about further
- How to find the best rhythm in the interaction among participants and facilitators, and how to increase interaction among participants.
- How to handle the double role of facilitators (process) and expert input (content).
- Howe to deal with group that where subscribed by intermediaries (i.e. FARA/RAILS) in order to
- How not loosing focus on methods, interpersonal aspects of KS. How to tackle process related KS issues in an online environment?
- How do we serve other groups in other languages better or in other ways?